Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Stacy's Flight.

I have always liked movies. They could tell you a lot of useful stuff, and some not so useful. Some of my favorites were the princess movies. I have no idea why. It probably has something to do with being a girl, and growing up with watching them.




No matter how much I liked watching movies, there was always one problem. For as long as I can remember, I have always been color blind. I can only see in shades of gray. Everything and everyone was always gray.


When I was younger, I asked my mother about it. She always came up with reasons not to answer. Like “Not know Stacy” or “Why don’t you go play, Stacy.” So on and so forth. Even know, that I’m almost seventeen, she still will not tell me. Honestly I don’t mind, but the fact that she will not tell me bothers me a lot.


Another unusual thing about me is, when I meet people I can see through them. Not like x ray vision, but like I can tell if they're sincere or not, or what they're feeling, or if there lying.


The only people that know these things, are my mom, and my best friend since fifth grade, Mary. I don’t know if my dad knows or not. He left me and my mom when I was two. Anyways, Being the only friend I really have, me and Mary were very close when my story starts.


It was a hot spring, Saturday, and Mary had decided to go shopping in town. We had spent the morning looking at clothing shops. We had lunch at the diner my mom works at. Afterwards we were window shopping. Well, I was window shopping Mary was looking stuff up on the Internet.


While we were waiting at a stop light, I was looking around, trying to decided where to go next, when I spotted something that startled me a lot.


Standing on the other side of the street, was a lady. Now I know what you are thinking, big deal it’s a lady. But the thing is, that she was in a flowered dress, and I could tell what color they were. Not only that, but I could see everything of her in color.


She was in her mid twenties, I guess. Her hair was blonde with red streaks. She looked a little pretty. I turned to Mary and said. “Do you see that woman over there?” and I pointed at the woman.

“Yeah, I see her. So what?” Mary asked dully, obviously not that interested.


“What is she wearing?” Now this actually was a common question for me to ask. And most of the time Mary answered, glad to help a color blind friend. But this time she obviously did not want to.


But she answered anyways “She’s wearing a party dress, with spring like colored flowers.”


“What is her hair color?” I asked shaking a little. Mary looked at me, as if she just realized I was not her friend.

“It’s blonde, with red stripes.” She continued “Why? Is there something wrong? You look like you saw a ghost?”


I continued to stare at the woman, and answered Mary, my voice shaking. “I can see her colored dress, I can tell what color it is.”


“Can you see any other colors?” Mary asked excitedly. I shook my head and answered. “Only her, everyone else is still gray.” As I finished, the light turned green and the lady and the people she was with, which I did not notice until then, walked down the street. “Come on!” Mary said, tugging at my wrist.

“What are you doing?” I asked startled.


Mary didn't answer, she just dragged me after the woman. So we followed her. I don’t know if she or her companions knew we were following her. But I had the feeling they did; we weren't exactly professional followers. Is there such a thing?


The group continued down the road, stopping every so often looking at the store windows. We followed them for a few blocks. When they turned down a darkish road, against my will, we followed. We turned the corner, then stopped. We could not see them anywhere.


“Where are they?” I asked, feeling very nervous.


“I don’t know.” Mary said looking around “They could not have gone far.” She grabbed my arm again, and started to drag me down the road, then stopped when we heard a voice say “Why are you following us?”


The voice belonged to a man. We turned around slowly, and saw the group standing behind us. I notice now, that there were three men and two women, one of which, was the woman I could see in color.


“Why are you following us?” the man asked again. He was bigger than the other two, he was wearing a t shirt and I think jeans. One of the other men, was wearing a sweatshirt, while the third one, which was smaller than the first two was wearing a turtleneck shirt. The woman I could not see in color was wearing a blouse and skirt. I would tell you more of them, but as you know I can’t tell, because of my “gift”.


Though I could tell that they were very curious about me and my friend. And a little suspicious, for a reason I did not know.


“My friend wants to ask you something.” Mary said looking at me.

All the heads turned to me.


“No I don’t.” I said a little nervously. Their eyes went back to Mary, except for the Women in color. She kept staring at me. Quick fact, I couldn't really use my “gift” on her, I don’t know why.


“Yes, yes you do.” Mary said trying to prod me into talking, which I did not want to do.


“No, I don’t.” I answered a little more sternly. I looked at the man. He had a small amused smile on his face. He turned to me and said “ Do you have a question or not?”


“I don’t. “ I answered.

“Good, then we will go.” He said and they all turned around and went around the corner.


“What was that for?” Mary answered a little hotly.

“What?’

“You know what.” Mary said “Why didn't you ask?”
“Ask what?” I answered innocently.
“Why you could see her?”
“I can see everyone.”
“You know what I mean.” Mary said obviously getting annoyed.
“O right.” I said sarcastically “I was supposed to ask a complete stranger way I could see her.”


We often talked this way, using “seeing” instead of color blind.


“O come on. She’s the only person you know of that you can see!” Mary said trying to convince me.

“So, she was a complete stranger. I could not tell her about my “gift.” I said. “You and mom are the only ones I have ever told.”


“Really?” Mary said surprised “You didn't even tell Jenna or Kelly?”


“No” I answered. I was getting tired of the conversation. I guess Mary saw that, because she was quiet for a few minutes stroking her black hair, then asked “Why do you think you could see her?”


“I don’t know.” I said with a shrug.


“Come on, we had better get going.” Mary said “Our moms are going to be waiting for us at the library.” With this we started down the road. As we walked we talked of books. I made an effort to keep the subject away from my “gift.”


As we turned the last corner, we stopped abruptly. Right in front of us were two big men, standing right in our way. I didn't have to use my gift to tell this was not going to be fun.


“ Hello little girl.” one of them said looking right at me. “We would like to ask you something.”

“Well whatever it is, I’m sure it’s not a question we would like to answer.” Mary said, and I immediately forgave her for making me follow the Girl in color.


“Who asked you.” the second guy said, glaring at Mary. The other guy didn't even notice her.

“We want to know your name little girl.” the first guy said.


“Why do you want my name?” I asked, trying to stall. For what I don't know.

“Just so we can be friends.” he answered, obviously lying.


“Why would we want to be friends with you?” Mary asked. Again the first one did not even look at her. He just kept looking at me, waiting for an answer. Which I gave.


“Luna Lovegood.” I said with a flourish.


“What?” both guys said.


“My name is Luna Lovegood.” I repeated, praying hard for someone to come and help.


“Very funny.” the first guy said “Give us your name or else.” With that he pulled out a knife.


“I wouldn't do that.” a voice from behind said. Turning around, I saw the Woman in color and the man wearing the sweatshirt. My prayer was answered.


“Who are you?” the guy with the knife asked him.


“That's does not matter. You leave them alone or else.” he answered.


“Or what.” the man asked sarcastically. In answer to his question, the guy with the Woman in color, jumped him and sent him flying to a wall. The second man lurched at the Woman in color. She threw a punch and, surprisingly, he flew to another wall, out cold.


“Come on, let's get out of here before they come too.” The Woman in color said, pushing both me and Mary towards the more busy streets.


We turned a couple of corners and were near the stop lights, were all this started. Here the woman in color and the man stopped and we all started gasping, trying to catch our breath. When Mary caught hers she said “ Thanks.”


The man just smiled, but the Woman said “ Glad to help.” She then turned to me and said “ Who were those men? and why did they want your name?”


“ I don’t have a clue, I've never seen them before.” I said with a shrug.


“ Huh, two men, neither of you have ever met, come up and ask for a name, weird” The man said, trying not to be sarcastic, so he wouldn't make us upset. Using my gift, I knew that he wanted to know who we are, not to hurt us, but to help from more crazy guys with knives.


“ That's not entirely true.” Mary said a little shyly, which for her, was strange.


“ What?” I asked, staring at her.


“What Mr. er? ”
“Grant Talor” The man said, interrupting her.
“Uh right, Mr. Talor, What he said is not really true.” She finished.
“Why isn't?” I asked getting a little suspicious.

“ The guys back there, I saw them before. They were following us, when we were following them. ”Mary said pointing a thumb at Mr. Talor and the Woman in color.


I thought for a minute. Why were those men following me and Mary? why did they want my name? why could I see this one woman in color, and couldn't read her? how did she and her friend get behind us, if they left before we did? I put my hands to my face, all this thinking was giving me a headache.


My thoughts were interrupted, by Mary asking “Are you alright?” I took my hands away from my face. The others were watching me, with concern.


“Yeah I’m fine.” I answered lying.


“Where are you girls headed?” The Woman in color asked. I looked at her, trying to find out why she wanted to know. I couldn't, All I could tell was that she was concerned, and I only knew that because her face said so.


"The library." Mary answered.


"Would you like us to take you there?" The Woman in color asked.


"You know, incase more crazy people with knife show up." Mr. Talor said.


"No thanks." I answered before Mary could. "we will be fine."


"If you insist." Mr. Talor said. With that the two walked down the street.


The walk to the library was quite. Mary and I were a little frazzled by all that had happen. We were really late when we got to the library, and are moms weren't happy. They want to know where we had been, so we told them everything.


Mary's mom was confused, but my mom was scared, she stood up quickly and said "Come Stacy were living." Turning to Mary's mom she said " I'm sorry for cutting are visited short but we really should be getting home." Her mom nodded, and both of them ushered us out and into are cars.


Driving home I did not say anything, my mind was running to quickly, all the questions. I glanced at mom, her jaw was clamped shut and her eyes were fixed on the road.


Using my "gift" I noted that she was scared and very mad, at someone. I wonder who?


When we got home it was supper time. Well mom cooked, I set the table. After mom said grace and we were eating, I finally asked mom if she knew anything about the men that attack us.

"I don't know dear." She said looking down at the table.

"Yes you do." I said under my breath.
"What was that dear?" My mom asked looking up at me.
I shook my head "Nothing." I said. "It's just it seems like your hiding something"
"I don't want to talk about it Stacy." She said more sternly.
"They attacked me, mom." I said getting frustrated. " They could of killed me!"
"I know!" she said " But I don't want to talk about it!"
"You never want to talk about anything!" I shouted "Not about this, or dad or even my gift!" with that I stormed into my room.


Collapsing on the bed, I begin to cry. I felt bad about shouting at my mom. she had the right to keep her secrets and she had the right to punish me for talking back. I laid down and prayed and cried tell I fell asleep.


I know that my mom had came in, after I had fell asleep. Because the next morning my hair was lose and I was under the covers. I put on a clean pair of pants and a pink shirt. running downstairs, I found my mom making breakfast. I ran up to her and hugged her.


"I'm sorry mother." I said still hugging her. 

"it's ok honey." My mom said pulling away from me. Still holding my arms, she looked me straight in my eyes. "I want you to know that I love you. And I have me resins for keeping secrets."


"I know mom." I said smiling "And I love you too."
I sat down at the table. My mom sat some pancakes in front of me. Sitting down herself, and after she had said grace, looking up at me, she said " Stacy. I want you to stay with me today."


I Looked up at her in surprise. "You mean go to the diner with you?" I asked. she nodded. "Why?" I asked her.


"I don't want you out of my eyesight. In case something happens." She said.


"OK." I said.


After breakfast I went back to my room. I comb my blonde hair, grabbed my purse, making sure a book was in it, I went back into the dining room.


We drove to the diner. Mom went to work and I took a booth close to the back, right by a window. Cus that's a smart place to be.


Mary walked in shortly after, her mom wanted her to stay ether with her, or with my mom, so we spent the next two hours talking and playing all sorts of random games.


For a few minutes are conversion died down, Mary looked out the window and froze, she pointed at something out the window. Following her gaze, I looked outside.

Sitting at one of the diners outside tables, was the Woman in color and the other woman from yesterday.

My blood ran cold. I was sure it was not a coincidence that they just happened to be at my moms work, right after I was attacked.


"Come on." Mary said sliding out of the booth.


"Where?" I asked her.


"Let's go talk to them." She said "Maybe we will find out more about them." "I don't want to." I said avoiding eye contacted with Mary. "Besides, mom doesn't want us to leave."


"We're not going to leave the diner, we're just going outside." Mary grabbed my arm and took me outside. Déjà vu much?


I went with her out to the deck, but I stopped before we got to them. Mary went on though, She went right up to the two women. I was close enough to hear what they said.


"Sorry to interrupt you." Mary said in her pleasant voice "But we,(She waved at me when she said this.) just wanted to say, we're sorry for following you yesterday. It was sort of weird, for us to do that."


The two women looked at each other Then the non woman in color said "That's quite all right. It made yesterday quite a adventure."


"I'm Mary, Bye the way." Mary said holding out her hand to the women.

"I'm Robin." The Women in color said. "And I'm Katie." said the other one.


" What's your friends name." Robin asked looking straight at me.


"She's Stacy." Mary answered Looking at me to. "Don't mind her, she doesn't like meeting new people."

"That's all right." Katie reply. "It's ok to be cautious ."


There talking was interrupted by screaming and gun fire, coming from inside the diner. The four of us rushed inside. Robin And Katie first and Mary and I last.


Everyone in the diner were getting up from the ground. The glass at the counter was destroyed. And the place was a mess. One of the waitress that worked with my mom came up to us crying.


"I'm so sorry Stacy." She said between sobs." I couldn't do anything."


"What happened?" Katie demanded in a stern voice.


"Two men with guns came in." The waitress answered" They made us lay on grown, and Oh, Oh Stacy I am sorry. They...they took your mom."


The room began to spin, my legs gave out. Robin and Mary caught me before I hit the grown. They took me to a booth and set me down.


"Did they say anything?" Katie asked the waitress.


She nodded her head." They said for Stacy to go to 40 9th street, at five tonight. No cops or... or else."

More words were exchange, but didn't hear them. I was just so scared, confused, annoyed. After a few minutes, Mary asked if I was ok. I shook my head, there was no way, I was ok.


"What are we going to do?" Mary asked sitting down by me, and putting a arm around me. Katie and Robin sat across from us.


"We?" I said "We aren't doing anything, I am going to find my mother. Somehow."


"O no, you're not." Mary said " I'm helping you find her!"


"You can't. They said to come alone."


"They said not to bring cops." Katie pointed out. "Mary is not a cop."


"And neither are we." Robin added.


"Your going to help?" Mary asked surprised. Katie nodded. Mary asked "Why?"


"We like helping people ." Robin answered Mary. Then she looked at me and said "Please let us help you."


I thought for a minute. Then asked in a quiet voice "The people you were with yesterday. Would they help to?" Both girls nodded. It took one reading look at Katie for me to decided "Ok." I said wearily.

"So what do we do first?" Mary asked looking at Katie and Robin.


"I'm going to call the guys, and tell them what's going on." Robin said, getting up from the booth and heading out side.


Katie, looking straight at me she asked "Do you have any idea why they took your mom or why they want you, or who "they" are?"


I shook my head tears streaming down my face. Mary hugged me close. I could tell Katie was very sorry for that was going on, and she wanted to help so much. But I just didn't know any of the answers.


"We will find your mom." Katie said in a reassuring voice.


Robin walked back in, the same time the police had showed up. Katie and Robin ushered us outside, away from the dinner. "We don't get along with police well." Katie explained.


"Are you wanted?" Mary asked.


" NO no, were not." Robin said but she didn't explain more.


"What did Theodore say?" Katie asked Robin, as we walked down the street, with Robin leading.

"He said they would meet us at Charles place." Robin said with a haft smile on her face.


"What on earth for." Katie asked " He knows Charles doesn't like him."


"Yes well, evidently Grant hurt himself, so meeting at Charles place makes sense."

"Do I want to know how he got hurt?" Katie asked.


"I don't know how. There boys. Who knows how he got hurt." Robin said looking Katie straight in the eye.

Katie nodded, and went quite. there words were simple, but something else had been said between the two women. But I didn't know what.


"Whose Charles?" Mary asked curiously.


"He's a close friend of mine." Robin continued. "He's a nurse, that lives just a few blocks away from here. You don't mined the walk do you?"


Mary shook her head. I just watch the ground as we walked. My mind was burned out, and all I could think about was my mom.


The walk to the apartment was quite, which I was thankful for. I think better when it's quite, plus I didn't haft to answers any more questions. Bonus.


We finely came to the apartment. Robin led us to the second floor. And to one of the last door on the floor. Robin nock on the door, and a young man answer.


"What are you doing here?" He asked looking at Robin "Not that I'am not glad to see you."


"I'm glad to see you to, Charles." Robin said hugging him. He then step to one side and Robin went in. Katie walked in next.


"Hi." Charles said shortly to her.


"Hello." She answered before going in to.


Charles nodded at Mary and I, and we to entered the apartment.


It was a small apartment. Just the two rooms. The bedroom, then rest of the place was just one room. There was a kitchen to one side, two coaches occupied the middle of the room, and a four person table was set near the kitchen.


Mary and I, sat down on one couches, and Katie sat on the other across from us. Well Robin stood next to us.


"I take it Theodore isn't here yet?" Robin asked Charles.


"He's coming here?" Charles asked "Grate."


As if answering his question, there came a knock on the door. He went over and opened it. The three men from yesterday stood there. Mr. Talor first, holding his left arm at an angle. He was closely followed by the other two.


Charles didn't knowledge the other two, he just went to Mr. Talor and started to examine his arm. The other two came over and sat down in front of Mary and I.


"HI, I'm Theodore ." The one that had done the talking when we had met yesterday, said brightly.

"And I'm Luke." The other one said.


"I'm Mary and she's Stacy." Mary said in her bright normal voice. I just watched.


Theodore asked exactly what had happened, and Mary told the story, thankfully living out my gift. By the time the story was over, the hole group was standing or sitting around listing. None of them said anything, they were all watching Theodore, I could tell that they were waiting for him to talk.


Theodore was looking at the floor, deep in thought. Slowly, calmly and not looking up from the floor, he asked me "Are you sure you don't know who they are?"


Shaking my head I replied " I'm sure." My voice matching his quiet voice. He looked up at me, we held each others gaze for a moment.


I could read such compassion in his eyes, and yet there was some doubt, he couldn't decide if I was lying or not.


Finley we broke eye contact, and Theodore leaned back on the couch. As if being cued, Robin asked him " What know, Boss?"


" Well, when it's close to time to leave." Theodore said slowly, planning. "We'll go together. I think it will be best if the two of you go in alone, thou."


"Alone?" Mary repeated.


"Yes." Theodore smiled " But we will be right outside. We will come in if something happens, and you need help, I promise."


"How will you know if we need help." Mary suspiciously asked


"With these." Luke said pulling something out of his jean pockets, and handed Mary and I, something that looked like ear buds, but without the wire attaching them together.


"what are these?" Mary asked.


"Put them in your ear." Theodore said " We have are own." He took out of his pocket one that looked exactly as the two we had. We put ares in as Theodore talked, and we could here him, through are ear pieces.


"Cool, their just like Hardison ear pieces in Leverage." Mary exclaimed.


Theodore stifled a laugh. Luke shook his head, smiling a little. "Sort of, accepted mine are better." He said.

As the hour went by, everyone had their own groups. Theodore and Katie were over in one corner talking quietly. I knew that their talk ws mostly about Mary and I.


Mary, Robin and Grant talked of there job. they manly sold second hand stuff on the internet.


Luke would give his opinion, every so often, but most the time he was busy read something on his phone, which looked weird to me. Tha phone that is.


And Charles just sat at the table, listing to the talk, but not saying anything. I did the same, I wasn't in the mood to talk, but I did try to focus on what the others were saying, and not all the bad thing that could be happening to my mom.


Right before we left for 40 9th street, Mary called her mom to tell her that she wanted to stay at my house, tell my mom should up. Turns out we were on the news, so it took a bit of convening before her mom agreed. Mary felled bad about lying and so did I.


Theodore drove us about a block away from are distension. The ride was quite and uneventful. After Theodore dropped us off, and we were walking to the right street, Mary started to talk some.

"This is exciting!" She said, then hourly continued "Not your mom being missing, but getting to have awesome ear pieces and things."


I nodded in agreement, but did not say anything. Mary thought for a moment. I knew that she was trying to find something to say to cheer me up some. Finally she said "Hey, we could be the cast from Leverage. You can be Parker and I could be Sophie."


We did this a lot, replacing us with people from movies or books, TV shows whatever. Finally I gave in and in a thoughtful voice replay "Why would I be Parker, you would make a better Parker."


"Because I want to be the grifter." Mary said smiling at me "I think it would be fun, to con people."


Both of us jump a little, when we heard Grant say over are ear pieces. " That’s a great idea. We could be that cast." we forgot that they could hear us.


"Why would we do that?" Robins voice asked.


"Because it's fun." Mary said before Grant could.


"I hate to stop this conversion." Theodore's voice said. "But you ladies are close to your destination."


Are destination was a warehouse, it always is, at the very end of the street. We walked up to the door, then stopped. My heart was beating fast and there was a lump in my throat.


"You ready?" Mary asked me instantly. I nodded and she said to the others "We're going in."


Inside the warehouse was cold and dark. There were tall racks along both sides of the walls. Two men step out from the dark. They were the two crazy men with knives from yesterday. Except they had guns know instead of knives.


"Mase is waiting for you." One of them said turning around and leading us further into the building. The room we came to was light, with a few bulbs. There were other men, all with guns and all watching us intently.

Right in the middle of the room, sitting at a makeshift desk, sat a middle aged, blond man. He looked up from something on his desk as we came in. The men with guns stopped us right in front of his desk.


"Ah, you are here. I told you she would come Renner." The man said glancing at the first gun man. Turning to me he said " And I see you bought your friend with you, how nice."


It was so weird to read him. I could tell he was excited and very happy to see me, not so much Mary. And yet I knew that trusting him would be bad, duh.


"Do you know who I am, Miss. Stacy?" The man known as Mase asked staring at me intently.

I shook my head "Should I?" I asked hoping I did not sound as scared as I was.


Mase looked at me hard. "Your mom didn't tell you. How nice."


"Where is my mom?" I asked realizing that she was not there.

"Oh, she's not here." He said simply standing up he continued "Come, I want to talk with you."

"NO." I said sternly. "I'm not going with you, enlist I know my mom is fine."

"Mmm. You've got gut." Mase said thoughtfully "Just like your father."

"How do you know my family?" I asked.


"OH, that’s easy to answer." He said almost smiling. "I was your father's partner, back In the good old days.' He paused for a moment, his face becoming grimm "Before your father became a traitor."


I couldn't say anything, something about this man made me want to run away, and have nothing to do with him, again duh. Mary was holding my arm, keeping quiet but she squeeze my arm trying to get me to talk.

Mase saw this and counted "We were scientists, some of the best. We were going to be famous. At the time we were working on a new drug, that would keep people from getting sick, and live much longer than normal."


Mase sat down again "We were so close, but we needed a test subject. I mean animals can only get you so far. Then the perfect thing happened, you were born."


" What do I have to do with anything?" I asked shocked.


"Everything!" Mase answers getting very excited "You were just a newborn. Perfect for changing ones D.N.A"


"This guy is sick!" Grant said over are ear pieces, before Theodore shushed him.


"We were haft down with the test." Mass continued " But your father couldn't go through with everything. He stole you away, living you on your moms doorstep Before I could do anything, he sold me to the cops and I lost everything. My reputation, my license and the drug it's self."


Mase went quite, looking down at the desk thinking. Slowly I asked "So why am I hear?"


"The drug is still in you. Haven't you noticed you telepathic ability, and that you can't see in color?" Mase asked.


My heart racing I said slowly "That’s because of you?"

"Yes." Mase answered. "With you I can return to my studies!"

"NO!" I said "I'm not going to let you!"


Mase stood up suddenly, his voice gruff "That wasn't a question. Your coming with me, whether you like it or not." He gestured to his men and they started to come after us.


"That’s are que." Theodore said over the pieces.


A loud crash from above, caused Mary and I to take quite a few steps back. I went to far and I tripped, fell and hit my head. Everything went black.


I later found out what had happen. The loud crash was Theodore and his friends coming from the roof. It turns out that Theodore and his friends, were actually a small group of vigilantes known as The Phoenixes.

Explaining them real quick,

 Theodore has the ability to go through solid object, and can sort of read mines, a lot like what I can do.


Luke was a part human part Dragon. He was super strong and a super genius. He was the one that made there famous robotics suits.


Grant could turn into any mammal and was Theodores cousin. And Robin was a cyborg. Katie was a alien, and she could make and control lighting storms.


So the Phoenixes attacked Mase's men. That fight did not last long. And after talking to Mase himself they found out where my mom was. Luke and Katie took Mase and his men to the police station.


All of this happened while I was unconscious. When I came to, Mary and Theodore were kneeling by me.

"Are you ok?" Mary asked me. I nodded. Then Theodore explained what had happened. Grant and Robin came into view.


"Hey, if she's alright, let's go find her mom." Grant said.


Theodore and Grant gave Mary and I rides to a abandoned barn, right on the outskirts of San Francisco, which is where we were. Robin broke down the door and the five of us entered.


We found my mom tide in the very back of the barn. While we Untide her I explained all that had happened.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her, standing her up.


"Because something that horrible." She said " Should never of happened to you. I did not want you to live under such Borden."


I Thought for a moment. Before my emotions got the better of me, and I wrapped my arms around her.


We stayed like that for quite awhile before Mary said in a small voice " I hear the police coming."


Pulling away from mom, I looked around, "Where did the Phoenixes go?" I Asked not seeing them.


"They left a few moments ago." Mary said smiling " They did not want to say hi to the police."


After we gave the police are statements. Mom took us home. She dropped Mary of at her house, before go home are self.


A couple days later, me, Mary and the Phoenixes were at the diner my mom worked at. The Phoenixes first stopped by to make sure we were ok, which we were. Then Mary struck up a conversation with them.


"There's one thing I want to know." Theodore said turning to look at Mary and me. "Why were the two of you following us that morning?"


Mary and I both smiled a little. Mary looked at me, wanting to know if she could tell them. I nodded a little and she said slowly "We were following you because, Stacy is colored blind, she hasn't been able to see in color for as long as she can remember."


"Because of Mase's experiments." I added.


"Right." Mary continued " So when she saw one of you in color, I sort of got excited and made her follow you to find out why she could see you in color."


"Which one of us can you see in color?" Robin asked.


"You." I said shyly.


"Why can you see Robin in color?" Mary asked shortly.


"Because I'm a cyborg." Robin said thoughtfully " I was put together by your father and a couple of other scientists.

My mouth dropped opened "Really." I asked.


"Really." Theodore said. "That's why we took such a interest in you, and why the girls were here when your mom was kidnapped."


I could not believe it. Then again most of what had happen I wouldn't of believe ether. Sort of like a good Movie, preferably in color.


                                                                     THE END.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, so:
    1) I like Mary quite a bit actually. She should definitely stick around with the Phoenix's
    2) Why does everyone act like it's the worst thing ever that Stacy was *gasp*... given FREAKING PHYSIC POWERS! That... really isn't that bad
    3) Robin is technically Stacy's half sister though! That's cool
    4) You did the Twilight thing and made the final battle happen off-screen. Not cool bro
    5) Where's my sequel. I wanna know what happens :(

    ReplyDelete