Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Four Travilers. Chapter Three The Discovery.

Chapter three. The discovery.



Alice was the second one awake. Wess sitting up on the couch where he had slept. He was deep in thought when Alice came into the room. It was a very big hotel room.


Donna walked in right after Alice. Taking some of Alice’s cash, she went out to find some breakfast.

“I think I know who’s trying to kill us.” Wess said after she left.

“Who?” Alice inquired.

“ I think, it’s my brother.” Wess said slowly.

“Again with the ‘think’.” Bella said as she and Casey walked in.

“Sorry.” Wess said smiling at Bella “But I only remember him a little.”

“Why would he be trying to kill us?” Casey said “Or rather trying to kill you.”

“That I’m not sure about.” Wess said thinking again.

“What are we doing to day?” Casey asked when Wess grew quite.

“I’m not sure.” Alice said thoughtfully. “Our  best bet, I think, is to leave the state and hope your brother doesn't follow.”

“What about the RV?” Bella inquired of her sister.

Alice thought for a moment “I guess we hope we can get it back, when all of this is over.”

“But our  stuff is in there.” Bella argued.

“I’m sure you can live without makeup for a little while.” Casey said smugly.

“That is not what I meant, you.” retorted Bella.

“I doesn't matter.” Alice interjected her bickering sisters “We will get our thing back. It will just take some time.’

They were quiet for a second, when Casey asked “Where is Donna?”

“She went to get some breakfast.’ Alice said.

“She should've been back by now.” Wess said. He had been quite when the girls were talking, and the girls forgot he was there.

. “You four stay here.” Alice ordered.

She went out of the apartment and went to the nearest grocery stores. No one had seen her except for one man.

After Donna had bought some food, the man had seen her talking, and eventually left, with a group of men outside the store.

Outside on the street, Alice tried calling Donna on her phone. She did not pick up.

“No no no no no!” Alice cried frantically. Her sister was missing and down in her heart she knew that something bad had happened.

Alice went back to the hotel room, and got the same reaction from her sisters that she had.

“She can’t be missing!” Bella protested “Call her on her phone! She’s got to answer!”

“I’ve tried already.” Alice said trying to keep her voice calm.

“How can you be so calm!” Casey shouted at her.

“I’m as upset as you are.” Alice stated “But we have to stay calm. If we panic it will not help Donna any.”

They were interrupted by Alice’s phone going off with the ring tone she had set for her littlest sister.

As quick as she could she answered the phone.

“Donna! Donna what happened, are you alright?” questioned Alice.

“Oh don’t worry.” A female voice that was not Donnas answered Alice “Your sister is quite alright, for the moment.”

The other three sisters and Wess saw Alice face drop, then turned into a scowl.

“If anything happens to her.” Alice growled into the phone “I swear I will kill you.”

“What's going on?” Casey asked.

Alice put her phone on speaker phone. The others heard the woman's voice saying “Oh don’t worry. As long as you bring me what I want she will not be harmed.”

It was sickening how calm the woman sounded. Alice gave Wess a quick look. He was staring off into space?, Something about the voice seemed to have remind him of something.

“What do you want?” Alice asked through gritted teeth.

“I want you to bring me the man you call Wess.” the woman continued calmly “Bring him to the docks near the lake at nine.”

“What if we don’t?” Bella asked.

“If you do not bring him to me, I will kill your sister.” the woman said shortly “And don’t even think of contacting the cops. I have eyes and ears all over the town.”

Click went the phone. Everyone in the room was quite. Till Bella broke the silence by demanding.

“Who was that and why does she want you?” she turned to Wess with fire in her eyes.

Wess shook his head “I don’t have a clue who she is.”

“Oh sure you don’t know who she is!” Bella spat. “You haven’t been able to help much at all. Not to mention that you will not let us go to the cops!”

Wess looked at Bella with pure regret at not being able to help, but didn’t say anything.

“Have you noticed.” Casey said in the same tone as Bella, to Wess. “that trouble started when we picked you up.”

Again Wess didn’t say a word. He let the sisters get their anger out.

“I knew we couldn’t trust you.” Bella retorted .

“That enough!” commanded Alice “we don’t have time for this, we have thirty minutes till nine.”

The girls went quiet and Wess looked at Alice with gratitude. The four of them checked out of the hotel and went down to the RV.

As they pulled out, a big thud stopped them.

“Do we want to know what that was?” Casey asked Alice.

Alice bit her bottom lip and said through gritted teeth. “I just hit something.”

“Why do we let you drive?” Bella asked.

The three girls got out to look at the damage, Wess hurt too much to get out, but they left the doors open.

They got out  just in time to see a man picking himself off of the grown. The three girls rushed to his side.

“Are you alright?’ Alice asked him.

The man nodded his head. “I’m fine.”

“I’m so sorry.” Alice said “We are in a hurry and I didn’t see you there.”

“That's fine.” the man continued with a small chuckle “I wanted to stop you before you left, and so it appears I have.”

“Why did you want to stop us?” Bella asked suspiciously.

“I saw someone with you I want to talk to.” The man simply replied

He walked to one side of the RV. He looked in and said “Hello brother.”

Wess looked at him in pure confusion “Brother?”

“Yes.” the man said half heartedly “you better have a good explanation, or mom and dad are going to kill you.”

Wess stared at him for a minute before his eyes lighted up and he said “Benjamin!”

The man Benjamin looked at Wess in a weird way. “What?” he asked.

“I remember you!” Wess said excitedly.

“Why wouldn’t you remember me.” Benjamin inquired.

‘He hasn't been able to remember much of anything.” Bella stated.

“Who Are you?” Benjamin asked the girls.

“They're friends.’ Wess stated “They have been helping me.”

Before Benjamin could say anything, Casey asked “if you’re here, than who has Donna?”

“Donna?” Benjamin asked.

“We will explain it later!” Alice said “We are wasting time.”

The three girls, and Benjamin all piled into the SUV. Between Wess and the girls they told Benjamin what had happened.

The older brother to Wess, sat in quiet and listened to them.

“So you can’t remember what happened two days ago?” he asked Wess.

Wess shook his head.

“What's happened two days ago?” Casey asked Benjamin.

“More importantly.” Bella asked “Who want’s Wess dead, and has Donna?”

“If I were to guess.” Benjamin answered Bella “I would say it is Samantha.”

“Who’s Samantha?” Alice asked from the driver's seat.

“She is our little sister.” Benjamin sated.

“Why is she trying to kill me?” Wess asked.

“Well, saying I left (?) and with you out of the way, she would get all the inheritance.” Benjamin answered.







To be continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment